Founded in 2014 by former CNN correspondent Brian Cabell and now published and authored by local observer Doug Garrison, Word on the Street has become one of Marquette’s most-read and appreciated local independent news and opinion publications.
Word on the Street covers the pulse of what’s going on in Marquette County, and boasts a highly-engaged audience of more than 38,000 monthly users. Our readers are steadily engaged with local news, events, and businesses, and are often decision makers in their business or organization.
We believe that great local advertising goes hand in hand with great local content. Local advertising works with us because is relevant, actionable, and authentic.
Our advertisers are passionate about Marquette County and want to be an asset to the local community. Over the years we’ve helped people better promote their service, sell more products, or get increased awareness for events.
View our 2022 Media Kit for our full digital advertising options and pricing.
Have questions? Contact us to set up a meeting and we can walk you through advertising with Word on the Street!
Advertising that Works for You
We strive to partner with companies that want to create great local advertising our readers want to see and engage with.
We work with you to create campaigns that allow you to reach a large, local audience and achieve your company’s marketing goals.
Local advertising with us works because it’s:
- Relevant: Communicates a value proposition that is genuinely of interest to local readers.
- Actionable: Gives highly-engaged viewers a way to purchase, sign up, or learn more.
- Authentic: Helps emphasize your community connection and communicate on a personal, native level.
- Brief: People value their time, so we help you get your message across in a concise, reader-friendly format.
Our Readers are Your Potential Customers
The typical Word on the Street reader is a Marquette County resident highly interested in what’s happening in our community. Our readers are steadily engaged with local news, events, and businesses, and are often decision makers in their business or organization.
- Facebook: 17,000+ followers
- Instagram: 1,900+ followers
- Email: 5,200+ subscribers
Current Google analytics available upon request.
Who We Are
The team working hard to bring you Word on the Street…
- Doug Garrison, Publisher & Editor